Had an unexpectedly artful weekend 🙂 . Auntie Em hosted an impromptu ornament crafting event on Friday night with lots of felt, thread, needles (luckily, no pricking of my thumbs), and glue. I had no idea what I was getting into when she asked me over, so I had no plan whatsoever for my ornament making, and no clue what materials I would be working with. It was all very experimental, but I managed to make three ornaments that look like something, even if they are not perfect.
The first ornament started out as a puffy, stuffed crown but it soon became evident that it was too small to be a proper crown. A flower it is, with little dewdrops. The bee was my one true success; it is exactly what I wanted it to be. The third one is a mystery object. I tried to make a teacup, but it’s more of an ice cream cup than anything else.
Was a fun little project and I would like to make a few more ornaments, though I haven’t really had a tree since Didymus’s disastrous first Christmas. Maybe one that looks like the chubby critters I drew yesterday during my afternoon of sketching with the b-chan.
I seriously need a better scanner, everything always looks shadowed.