In response to Em’s response to a segment she heard on NPR…
What she had to say…
NPR did this music blog asking people what albums got you through your teenage “angst” or were cathartic when all that mayhem was going on.
So these are the albums that got me through my terrible teens
*Note: not necessarily my top albums, just the ones on replay.
- Hours…, Low – David Bowie
- Version 2.0, BeautifulGarbage – Garbage
- Different Class, His ‘n’ Hers – Pulp
- Dizzy up the girl – Goo Goo Dolls (I still have this somewhere, where is it?)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – The Soundtrack (show)
- La Lune – Sarah Brightman
- Surfacing – Sarah McLachlan
- Jagged Little Pill – Alanis Morrisette
- Return of Saturn – No Doubt
- The Science of Things – Bush
- Placebo, Without You I’m Nothing – Placebo
- Vespertine – Björk
- The X-Files the Album
- Parachutes – Coldplay
- White Blood Cells – The White Stripes
These are the ones I can think of at the moment, but I’m sure there were plenty more. I remember these sitting in my cd players for days at a time.