Fire is one of those things that terrify me more than anything (drowning is a close second, particularly as I live near so many waterways). It’s the second time one of the apartments in my complex catches on fire and I can’t help but think how lucky I am that it didn’t happened to our home. We’ve had some near misses–two, actually. My neighbor is quite old and leaves her stove on when she goes out or to bed, or sets it way up on high and forgets to check on it. Twice, I heard the fire alarm blaring and called the fire department on time. I wonder who called the fire department for this apartment? It was also the result of a pot left unattended. So tragic when something like this happens.