My birthday is on Monday, and I’ve been thinking of all the changes and things I’ve experienced during this past year. Therefore, I decided to compile a list of my accomplishments… because it is the sort of thing that I do.
- I upgraded my career by moving from a part time library assistant job at one university to become a full time Circulation supervisor at another university. v.g.
- Even better, I applied for a full time professional position with my current institution and was accepted for the position. I officially start on July 1st. 🙂
- I just took my comps exam and am only 5 weeks away from graduation. Will soon be able to add more letters after my name.
- I have conducted three information literacy sessions, and actually had students come in to see me for more information the day after (!!!).
- I learned all kinds of things about cataloging. (My personal best was entering 400 records in a day).
- I took on and completed 2 freelance gigs. One involving graphic design; the other, writing.
- I’ve become much more active on the social web. (har har, library speak for I’m all over the internets)
- I actually used my power as a notary to do some good.
- I’ve become much more open with students and colleagues.
- I’ve updated my CV and have started looking into publishing some articles in future.
- I drove almost all the way to Orlando in a rented car! And I planned the trip on my own! (mostly)
- I got myself a new laptop and made an effort to go green by buying a refurb and recycling my old desktop.
- I have read around 80 books in the last year. Although, the count is probably higher if I include all my school readings.
- I made a hair mistake by getting highlights and then remembering that I never liked highlights in the first place. Promptly, cut it and tried to blend it in. Am back to brunette now.
- I eliminated old debts and learned to manage my cash.
- I started working out more and discovered that I really enjoy Pilates, yoga, and cardio workouts. Also, realized my knees really can’t take a lot of running. 😦
- Had a couple of health scares but am relatively normal now.
- Found a tentative balance between work, school, and personal time. Will soon have to adjust to a new schedule and find a way to fit in some writing time.
- Redesigned my blog twice.
- Had some excellent meals and enjoyed the benefits of my Groupon addiction.
- Have helped all manner of creatures great and small.