I’m all set for the new year. Even though it’s a completely arbitrary time, the thought of new things to come makes me feel hopeful for the future. Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a resolution person, I’m a list person who sets personal goals (that’s what I’m calling it and I’m sticking to it). I accomplished quite a bit this year
1) Co-wrote a book that is going to be published(!)
2) Took a major leap in advancing my career by accepting a new position
3) Bought a new car (If you knew the story, you’d understand why this is an accomplishment)
4) Stuck to my guns and continued working on the manuscript (because I really do think it’s worth it)
5) Reached the big 30 with a modicum of grace
6) Finally shifted 5 of the 10 lbs I put on during the 4 years spent on the last job (the constant presence of cookies, pizza, sweets, etc. was not good)
This year, I’m looking forward to a few more personal challenges, not all of which involve writing.
1) I’m going to make a concerted effort to refresh my wardrobe in 2015. This will involve
a. Clearing out old bags, jewelry, and other effects that no longer fit my style–let’s face it, I no longer want to look like an emo teen.
b. Classing up my wear-to-work look which had suffered a bit since I made the switch from an institution that required business wear for all to one that allows faculty to make their own fashion choice.
2) Fit running back into my regular workout routine.
a. Because I enjoy the way it makes me feel.
b. Because it’s been too long since I could call myself a regular runner.
3) Get into the habit of an evening writing schedule.*
a. Because shit needs to get done.
b. Because mornings no longer work and I’ve come to accept that fact.
*this may lead to increased madness and anti-social behavior.