2016 has been a shitty year. Personally, politically, it’s been an all-around mess. So when I think of giving thanks, I have to think a little harder to find the joy I’ve been missing… whether they’ve been subsumed by loss, pain, or stress, the good times have been there, I just need to shine a light on them.
After mulling it over for a few days, I realized I’m grateful for:
- Surviving what could’ve been a tragic car wreck with little more than a ruined car and a few scratches.
- The briefest of vacations with the boy, but a vacation nonetheless.
- Two healthy, well-adjusted cats. After a few hiccups, they’re getting along and experiencing no more poopy drama.
- Minimalism. Because it’s made me appreciate what I have, what I can afford, and what I can live without.
- YouTube! A silly one, but I started making videos as a way to force myself to use my camera and learn some Premiere basics. Now, I’m hooked and it’s my preferred form of “reality” entertainment. Plus, I’ve learned so much.
There’s so much more, but I will reserve those for my year-end recap. In the meantime, have a happy holiday!