January felt busy… in more ways than one. It also felt strained and hectic, but that’s a post in itself. Just breathe, I tell myself. I am a pessimist at the best of times, I just need to breathe.
Anyhow, looking back, I accomplished a lot of things, and that’s something to celebrate after all the badness that threatened to bring me down.
- I celebrated my ninth anniversary and took a mini-break to join in my friend’s wedding.
- There were dates, and lots of them. Just time to get away from the daily grind.
- I cut my hair.
- Finished 25 of the 31 days of Yoga Revolution (will make up the missing days this week, and complete day 31 tonight).
- Balanced festive eating with paleo-ish eating, which was good.
- Read a few books:
- Air & Light & Time & Space by Helen Sword (on academic writing, pre-pub)
- Without a Summer by Mary Robinette Kowal (Regency fantasy goodness)
- Polish your Poise with Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott (for the inspo)
- Demon’s Curse by Alexa Egan (for the mystery, fantasy, sexiness)
- And rewrote/revised/edited a total of 14,770 words as of this morning.
Here’s hoping for better days.