A viewer asked if I still loved my tieks, so I took the time to put together a quick response. Short answer: yes, I still love them and they were very much worth the investment. Watch for more 🙂
Tag: ballet flats
review: tieks by Gavrieli
Because I finally caved.
I have been looking for a good, investment shoe for a while. I wanted flats to replace my pink Tom’s Camila flats (no longer available, a tragedy), but I wanted something that would be comfortable, sturdy, and long-lasting. I’ve purchase cheap shoes and I’ve purchased mid-range shoes, but I’ve never purchased something as expensive as these.
I did my research. Soooo much research. I watched countless videos, read dozens of blogs, and I vacillated between getting them now or getting them later. In the end, now won out.
I’ll post a review after a few weeks of wear, but my first impression is this:
- These are sturdy shoes. The construction is solid. The leather sole under the rubber heel and toe is surprisingly tough, and the rubber is really strong too.
- I watched a few videos on half-sizing (I’m ideally a 10.5, but rarely find shoes in that size). I followed the suggested sizing and went down to the whole size, and they fit just right. Toes are spacey, heel is not strained (we’ll see how they wear).
- The color is really fair. I went for the ballerina pink and they look just like pointe shoes. Love it.
- I was a bit concerned that the teal sole and stripe would be too showy, but they aren’t as obvious while worn.
- The hand-written note is actually a nice touch (I didn’t think such things would sway me). My mom was really impressed, so that’s a thing.
- And the flower is black and really pretty. But that’s just the icing on the cake.
I wore them at home for an evening (they have a really generous return policy according to reviewers), but they felt right so I decided to take them out this morning.
Enjoying them so far :). Just wanted to add my own review. I paid for these, so this is an unbiased opinion, but someone who has issues with shoes in general.