A bit late, but I’ve been migrain-ing and all non-essentials have fallen to the wayside… As a result, I’m going for a light and fresh look with minimal effort.
This week I’ll be using:
- Twinkle * Apothecary the Stain on lips – this is a versatile product and probably my favorite blush of the last few months, but it’s also a beautiful, light lip stain
- Twinkle * Apothecary petal on lips and cheeks – for the monochrome, 1-product days
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream – I think I have 1 more use out of this, maybe 2.
- Sappho New Paradigm CC Cream in light – Starting on this as soon as the Juice Beauty becomes an empty. This looks dark at first, but blends to a skin-perfecting finish. It’s also about to turn, so I hope I can make it an empty before it does.
- Wet N’ Wild Retractable Brow Pencil – for ze brows (per usual)
- Rituel de Fille lipstick in Fortune Teller – in case I need a power lip
- Sappho mascara – possibly my fave eco beauty mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance – I’ve been craving the berry lid look
- Smith’s Rosebud salve – a constant
- Twinkle * Apothecary scent in Bad B*tch – reminds me of my dad’s perfume. A warm, masculine scent that lasts for hours.
I post #motd stories on my capsule closet insta @emilia____grace
Follow me on
twitter | instagram | youtube | pinterest | goodreads | podcast
Products I don’t like, products that make my eyes hurt, regrets, lessons learned, and an update on my #ProjectPan!
My first makeup #declutter of 2019 (likely, not the last).
Are you doing a project pan? How’s it going?
Another month of empties. Some supplements (if you’re a repeat reader, you’ll know I’ve been experimenting with supplements to alleviate PCOS and thyroid symptoms. if you’re new, hi!), beauty, hair, and coffee related things.
- OLLY Restful Sleep – after weeks of sleeplessness, restlessness, and insomnia, I was desperate. I heard that L-theanine could help, so I decided to try these gummies; they have melatonin, L-theanine, and herbs. And they WORK! I never liked the idea of gummy supplements, but there’s something about this particular medium that my body likes when it comes to melatonin. I’m currently using the VitaFusion gummies and separate L-theanine capsules, and I’m sleeping at last.
- Solgar Vitamin E – I was taking these in conjunction with Selenium for my thyroid. I am currently taking a multivitamin that includes Selenium, but I may try vitamin E again (noticed that my skin looked great and my migraines seemed to improve – need another try).
- Jarrow Formulas Milk Thistle – liver support for PCOS.
- AuraCacia Sweet Orange essential oil – I love citrus scents. One of my favorites.
- ACURE day cream – so I use ACURE a lot… this is an old standard whenever I need a bit of extra moisture.
- ACURE radically rejuvenating cleansing cream – probably my favorite evening cleanser. Very gentle. I use it as my first cleanse to get things off.
- Juice Beauty Mineral Moisturizer, sheer – I prefer the tinted version of this, but the sheer is clear enough that I can get away with wearing it without makeup.
- giovanni 2chic Ultra-revive conditioner – My ends became extra dry when I had some ombré put in, so I went back to using conditioner. I liked this one, but I’m currently trying the purple Repairing conditioner from the same line and find that I prefer that one.
- Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee mix, Create with Lion’s Mane & Chaga – so I decided to try mushroom coffee. I can’t say I noticed a difference in my energy, but it was nice to try. I did, however, taste the mushroom. Maybe it’s just me—I am hyper sensitive to tastes and smells. Not unpleasant, just weird.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, coconut – I really wanted to love this, but the coconut milk just doesn’t dissolve very well. Still find that I prefer the basic collagen peptides mix.