A bit late, but I’ve been migrain-ing and all non-essentials have fallen to the wayside… As a result, I’m going for a light and fresh look with minimal effort.
This week I’ll be using:
- Twinkle * Apothecary the Stain on lips – this is a versatile product and probably my favorite blush of the last few months, but it’s also a beautiful, light lip stain
- Twinkle * Apothecary petal on lips and cheeks – for the monochrome, 1-product days
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream – I think I have 1 more use out of this, maybe 2.
- Sappho New Paradigm CC Cream in light – Starting on this as soon as the Juice Beauty becomes an empty. This looks dark at first, but blends to a skin-perfecting finish. It’s also about to turn, so I hope I can make it an empty before it does.
- Wet N’ Wild Retractable Brow Pencil – for ze brows (per usual)
- Rituel de Fille lipstick in Fortune Teller – in case I need a power lip
- Sappho mascara – possibly my fave eco beauty mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance – I’ve been craving the berry lid look
- Smith’s Rosebud salve – a constant
- Twinkle * Apothecary scent in Bad B*tch – reminds me of my dad’s perfume. A warm, masculine scent that lasts for hours.
I post #motd stories on my capsule closet insta @emilia____grace
Follow me on
twitter | instagram | youtube | pinterest | goodreads | podcast
Happy Easter! Here’s what I used up in March.
- avatara wipe out nose pore strips: first time using these and it was quite a nice experience. I picked them up at Target and definitely noticed a difference.
- elf Ultimate Blending brush – Probably my favorite elf brush, but I had it for years and it gave up the ghost
- Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer in Sand – One of my favorite sunscreens. It just matches my skin tone without turning orange. Currently using the un-tinted one in an effort to simplify my makeup look.
- fresh Rose Face mask – sample from Sephora. Just a lovely mask that leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I’d be willing to buy a trial size in future.
- Dr.Bronner’s Pure Castille Soap in Peppermint – a classic. This is a trial size because I like to rotate the scents and even the small size goes a long way.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – My favorite collagen supplement for skin and joints, but it’s pricey and I can’t always justify the cost. I splurge when my knees are feeling particularly achy, or I want a skin boost.
- Rainbow Light Just Once Iron-Free – The best multi I’ve tried and one I continue to purchase.
- Jarrow Formulas Femdophilus – Probiotics for ladies. ’nuff said. I can’t say I noticed a difference, but it was on sale and I thought it worth a try.
- Gaia Herbs Quick Defense – This is one of those products that I try to push on people. I keep a bottle on hand for colds and flu and it WORKS. It speeds up a cold like you wouldn’t believe.
- A pen – Because every pen is a success.
- Re-Boost decongestion spray – picked this up a few months ago and it’s come in very handy. It’s a natural product that actually works to clear things up.
- Nature’s Bounty thrive blend – It smells strongly of clove but I like to think that it works to clean the air during cold season. At least it helped when I was stuffed up last month.
- Nature’s Gate Revitalizing Jojoba + Sacred Lotus shampoo – I returned to Nature’s Gate after several failed forays into low poo options. NG works for my hair and doesn’t weigh it down.
- ACURE pore clarifying facial scrub – this is a very mild, red clay scrub. I like alternating this one with the regular green scrub from the same brand.
- alba acnedote astringent – my go-to acne treatment for hormonal (re: PMS) breakouts. Non-drying and just the right amount of salicylic for my sometimes sensitive skin.
- Nature’s Gate whitening toothpaste – I meant to order the Kiss My Face but this one was just as good. Sometimes too minty for me.
- Eden’s Garden Breathe Easier synergy blend – a blend of citrus and mint that really clears up a stuffy nose. This is my third bottle and I will be repurchasing.
- Laneige water sleeping mask – not an empty, but I’ve noticed that I break out every time I use it. No noticeable difference in my skin. I’ve had a similar reaction to other K-skincare brands. I’m not sure what upsets my skin, but I’ll stick to my regular routine.
- Solgar B Complex “50” – Just a good ol’ b complex blend. I like this particular line. Effective and affordable.
I’m making an effort to use up my packaged tea before I try any new blends. These are the blends I used up in February.
- Tea India Chai Moments Milk Tea – instant milk tea. picked these up at an Indian festival as a treat.
- Traditional Medicinals Weightless blend – I have issues with water retention and this helps move things along. This is not a *weightloss* tea. It is an herbal blend to ease water retention and a sluggish liver (I don’t have a gallbladder, so it helps).
- Traditional Medicinals EveryDay Detox Lemon blend – again, not a weightloss tea. Mostly dandelion to ease water retention and clear up a sluggish bile tract.
- Bigelow benefits radiate beauty blend – a very nice berry blend with skin-loving herbs. I’m not sure it cleared up my skin, but I like the flavor.
- Triple Leaf Chrysanthemum tea – just a classic tea. Sometimes helps when I have tummy trouble. My Chinese coworker says Chrysanthemum tea is used in Chinese medicine to balance an off system.
- Noveltea Oliver Lemon Twist – a lemongrass scented tea. Lovely, mild taste and cute packaging (it comes in a book-shaped box).
- Zhena gypsy tea sampler – Egyptian Mint (green and mint) and Italian Chamomile (chamomile and rose hip) – classic flavors, just a nice sampler set.
I konmaried the house nearly two years ago, but it’s time for a review. I’m not engaging in a full-blown konmari declutter, but I am looking to eliminate/donate items that no longer serve.
I started with a review of my kitchen storage (not my pantry). This picture was taken half-way through the process. There were a few more items added to the pile, but it’s a modest selection compared to my first konmari declutter.
An unexpected addition was my microwave (not pictured, obvs). It started to burn out (I could smell the wires burning), so it was time to toss. I am not replacing it. I didn’t use it enough to justify a replacement, and I’m finding alternatives to meet my heating needs. I’m also loving the amount of counter space it freed up 🙂
I wanted to do something different and totally unlike my usual fare, so I recorded a simple, classic “Get Ready with Me” to start the 2017 video series 🙂
Just an everyday makeup look on my last day of winter break.
Check in next week for a peek inside my bullet journal, and be sure to subscribe for updates!
See below for products.
Continue reading “video: something different, a chatty GRWM!”