Another video in the minimalist transitions series.
Let’s delve into my closet for another round.
Not that anyone has asked, but these videos help me make sense of my belongings and aid in the process of decluttering :).
Also, post-video update: the white shelf is now gone and a simpler, smaller solution in place. Progress every time.
I said I would do it and I have… a realistic, no tidying, no hiding peek inside my closet.
I am happy to report, that I have since gone in for another round of decluttering and sorted through the show situation, and removed some of the items that I was unlikely to wear, some seasonal pieces, pants, and one of the two cocktails dresses that I mention in the video.
Just living and learning.
I completely forgot to upload a cover for this video… so the question is, make it live now or later? I choose now…
I cut my hair! And started thinking about how much my style has changed over the years. Just some thoughts and musings on style and curating a personal look.
I’ll upload a cover tonight, so all my rambling may be irrelevant in a few hours… so it goes. One of my goals this year is to learn to add music to videos and improve the quality… not sure when I’m going to find the time for that but CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Because I finally caved.
I have been looking for a good, investment shoe for a while. I wanted flats to replace my pink Tom’s Camila flats (no longer available, a tragedy), but I wanted something that would be comfortable, sturdy, and long-lasting. I’ve purchase cheap shoes and I’ve purchased mid-range shoes, but I’ve never purchased something as expensive as these.
I did my research. Soooo much research. I watched countless videos, read dozens of blogs, and I vacillated between getting them now or getting them later. In the end, now won out.
I’ll post a review after a few weeks of wear, but my first impression is this:
- These are sturdy shoes. The construction is solid. The leather sole under the rubber heel and toe is surprisingly tough, and the rubber is really strong too.
- I watched a few videos on half-sizing (I’m ideally a 10.5, but rarely find shoes in that size). I followed the suggested sizing and went down to the whole size, and they fit just right. Toes are spacey, heel is not strained (we’ll see how they wear).
- The color is really fair. I went for the ballerina pink and they look just like pointe shoes. Love it.
- I was a bit concerned that the teal sole and stripe would be too showy, but they aren’t as obvious while worn.
- The hand-written note is actually a nice touch (I didn’t think such things would sway me). My mom was really impressed, so that’s a thing.
- And the flower is black and really pretty. But that’s just the icing on the cake.
I wore them at home for an evening (they have a really generous return policy according to reviewers), but they felt right so I decided to take them out this morning.
Enjoying them so far :). Just wanted to add my own review. I paid for these, so this is an unbiased opinion, but someone who has issues with shoes in general.