Episode 2 of the pod is live!
In which we discuss the ownership of fictional characters, male gazes and female sexuality, the importance of second seasons in character development, and nonsense Mandarin. All this and more as the Bluestockings discuss the TV series Firefly and the related film Serenity.
WARNING: Spoilers galore. If you haven’t seen the series or movie, do so now!
(coming to Podcasts soon!)
Honorable mentions and recommended reading:
- Joss Doesn’t Get to Ruin Buffy. She Doesn’t Belong to Him Anyway by Delia Harrington
Books and Comics:
- Serenity, Volume 3: The Shepherd’s Tale by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Chris Samnee: Love Your Library | Support the Circle
- Race Against Time by Piers Anthony: Love Your Library | Support the Circle
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Love Your Library| Support the Circle
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo Love Your Library | Support the Circle
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie: Love Your Library| Support the Circle
- Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey: Love Your Library | Support the Circle
- A Princess of Mars: John Carter Book 1 by Edgar Rice Burroughs: Love Your Library | Support the Circle
- The Handmaid’s Tale TV series
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series
- Fiddle Sound | Freesound
- Firefly clip | Youtube (50 Favorite Firefly Quotes (Reloaded) by jblottingink)
“Love Your Library” links will take you to WorldCat, where you will see a list of libraries near you that have the book. “Support the Circle” links will take you to Amazon, where your purchase will help support the podcast.
Enjoy! Our next episode on your thoughts on Firefly and Serenity, our recent favorites, and the First Impressions for our next selected work will be released on October 15. Find us everywhere @bluesoxcircle and join the conversation.