It’s been a strange week. Long and draining, but good for the most part.
These are a few things I learned this week:
- Editing will always be tedious, but you just have to do it. There are no shortcuts.
- I have an unofficial second job. Writing does that.
- There will always be difficult people. It’s best not to rise to the challenge.
- I will miss my students once they graduate. They’ve been a fun bunch.
- Some days, you just have to indulge in some retail therapy. Hello, amazon.
Some things that made me feel all proud:
- A university administrator said I was one of their good hires.
- I got to impress a few people with my Haiku Deck skills.
- A group of seasoned academics actually listened to what I had to say.
- I have been able to finish my last two 5K training sessions without feeling like death.