I’ve been blindsided by a late summer cold that has left me bleary-eyed and half-drunk. Stayed home on my first official sick day on the new job. Not pleased.
I find it ironic that literary marketing folks have been hitting me up for reviews with alarming frequency, despite the fact that I put my book blog on permanent hiatus a little over a month ago. Bad form folks, very bad form. If you want a book reviewer/blogger to give a good review, find out if they’re still active.
The novel read-through was going well until the cold hit me. I can’t wait to be able to think straight once again.
Why are cold medicines filled with sugar? My mouth feels like a desert. Sugar free is no better; artificial sweeteners give me migraines.
I’ve become a grumpy old woman.
things that are happening now
- I will be 30 in less than 10 days and I am very silly and anxiously awaiting whatever surprise the boy has cooked up. As a treat, I plan on getting myself a foam roller and a jump rope. Yep. That’s the plan.
- Today marks a month since I started the new job. I finally feel like I’m getting into the swing of things around here. Plots are being plotted and schemes are being hatched.
- I am finally reading Saga, volume 2 (thanks to the magic of ILL) and seriously trying to come up with an excuse to partake in some cosplay. How hot is Gwedolyn?
- Anuna is getting closer to having a shiny new ending. I see about two more chapters before this draft is done (definitely not on schedule, but getting there).
- There are ideas in my head and I am feeling the urge to plan for a brand new project come November (is it odd that I think of my writing year in terms of NaNo? It’s kind of like how I always think of September as the start of a new year because of the school year schedule.).
- I rearranged my living space last weekend and home now feels like new. Maybe someday I’ll actually get that love-seat I keep talking about.
- I just ordered too many books from my local library. And the amazons have sent me another. Oh, to have all the time in the world to read.
- I made this because this is how I roll.