I started a cash budget and managed to stick to it. I also learned that I needed to be more realistic and budget for expenses beyond groceries and outings. The result is a much better sense of where my money is going.
I was insanely busy! Between work commitments, writing goals, working out, and making time for blogging, podcasting, and going out, it’s a miracle I had any time to myself.
I read. A lot. Mostly because all my library books came in at the same time and I had a review to write.
I started documenting my outfits in an effort to get a better sense of my closet and find new ways to pair my clothes. Follow me @lifeingminor (this is the most curated I will ever be)
I started wearing eye shadow again. There is something my skin does not like, but I think I’m closer to finding the culprit after nearly a year without eye product.
How was your January?
If you want to learn more about any of these projects/goals/etc. and how I manage them, let me know.
While it had its ups and downs, 2017 managed to leave me relatively unscathed (minus a personal crisis or two).
There were two big accomplishments:
- I completed my application for promotion (When one of those two crises hit, I contemplated putting my promotion on hold, then thought better of it. I’m glad I did.)
- I wrote 105,037 words (as of December 28th, I may update this number before the year ends).
A few fun things:
- I accepted a very excited proposal to co-host The Bluestocking Circle Podcast and I’m so glad I did.
- I rediscovered my love of Batman comics with the Rebirth series (though Doomsday has me like)
And a couple of health breakthroughs:
- A re-evaluation of my thyroid health and maintenance plan.
- A possible PCOS connection that explains a lot about my hormonal headaches and unpredictable cycles.
All said, not too shabby.
Happy New Year!
Because it’s been so quiet around here, I decided to film a vlog explaining ALL. Watch me rock the wet hair, no-makeup look, as I blather on about all the things.